Services Institute of Medical Sciences Library
SIMS Library is vital to the education mission of Services Institute of Medical Sciences. Overall objective of the library is to select, organize, and maintain print and electronic resources that support the curriculum and information needs of SIMS academic community.
Working in partnership with faculty, staff and students, library provides convenient access to quality information resources, and an environment that encourages study and personal growth. Library also provides information services which are customized to individual needs and which recognize their information requirements.
Library’s colorful interior and innovative furniture makes it stunning and provide refreshing and rejoicing environment, which attracts users and compel them to spend time and study in relaxing and conducive environment.
The library aims to support the academic work by providing right information to the right people at right time including students, faculty and staff of SIMS, Lahore.
- To serve the advancement of teaching, learning and research within the institution by providing solutions to the information needs of our clients through efficient, effective and innovative services.
- To bring the much dreamed advancement in our society through information technology, which will change the lives of our people for ever.
- Let’s grow together. Let’s learn, teach, share and support each other.
Library Collection :
SIMS library have very precious and rich collection, although SIMS library is a special library so their collection is totally contain on medical fields. Furthermore we arranged this collection by Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme and categorized in following subjects:
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Library Timings :
- Monday to Saturday 08:00am to 08:00 pm
- Friday Prayer Break 12:00pm to 2:00 pm
The library will be closed on Sundays and all public holidays.
Library Rules :
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All users are required to show their college IDs to the security desk upon entrance to the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- All bags, cases, are not allowed in the library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user.
- All users are required to show all items to the security desk before leaving the library.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff.
- Good order must be observed in the library at all times for example placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. will not be allowed.
- Group discussions are only allowed in the Library.
- Use of sound equipments like radios, walkmans, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs.
- Seats in the library may not be reserved.
- Users are not allowed to reshelf books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table or on the trolley near the door.
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered with without permission from the librarian.
Borrowing Procedure :
- A user must be a registered student in the current term to be able to use the library services.
- All users must present their Library cards before borrowing any library materials.
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out.
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of three books for a period of two weeks.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Reference Books, Journals and other reference materials can only be used within the library.
Borrowing Privileges :
|Type of Users
||No. of Books
||No. of Days
|SIMS Faculty Member
Damage / Loss of Library Materials :
- All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing.
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the SIMS library.
Exclusion from the Use of the Library :
- The library committee shall have the power to suspend or exclude from use of the library any user who disregards the library rules and regulations.
- The library staff has the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
HEC National Digital Library:
Our library has the access of HEC National’s Digital Library where thousands of Electronic Medical international journals are freely available within the library. Its value added services to our SIMS library users.